Temperature Check - Policy Team Proposal

Hubble DAO Policy Team Proposal

This proposal seeks the objective to:

Establish a Hubble DAO Policy Team with initial members as follows:

1. Saurabh.Deshpande#2063
  2. threesigma#7713
  3. atvanguard#1425

The Hubble DAO Policy Team will exist to facilitate the following:

• Oversee complex exchange specific functions such as establishing and updating ongoing system parameters.

Background

The Hubble Exchange is a community run DAO which operates off the standard proposal based governance mechanisms. Seeking inspiration from DAOs like Olympus, the Policy Team’s primary objectives are to ensure that intricacies regarding specific platform operations are handled in a careful and timely manner.

Operation of minute System Parameters through the standard governance proposal procedures will result in significant proposal overhead and require the community to continually vote on adjustment of complex technical platform mechanisms, potentially restricting the operational capacity of the system altogether and introducing governance fatigue which may be untenable in the long-run. As such, an introduction of a bespoke Hubble DAO Policy Team (hereafter “Policy Team”) will serve to alleviate some of these concerns regarding timeliness, ongoing practicality and fatigue.

To adjust systemic levers as required on a time to time basis, operating System Parameters should be delegated insofar as the operations outlined below to a Policy Team whose objectives are restrained and aligned directly with the Hubble DAO and who are dedicated to ensuring the ongoing health of the protocol.

Hubble Exchange’s System Parameters primarily include, but are not limited to:

• Assets offered to trade at the beginning
  • Assets allowed as collateral
  • $ amount necessary to avail 10X leverage
  • Trading fees and trading fee splits
  • Establishing a base liquidation fee

Additional functions to be delegated to the Policy Team shall be decided from time to time by the Hubble DAO via additional proposals in the usual governance process.

The Policy Team’s initial and future System Parameters as decided by the DAO via future proposals can be overwritten by the overarching Hubble DAO through governance at any time.

Additional members to the Hubble DAO policy team can be appointed through governance. Current members of the Hubble DAO policy team can be removed via the same mechanisms of governance, insofar as these proposals are not malicious nor involved with any attempt at hostile takeover.

Motive

The Hubble Exchange and its mechanisms are complex in nature and require a significant number of ongoing tweaks as development continues. Therefore, it is necessary for a Policy Team to pull System Parameter levers as necessary to ensure the continual smooth operation of the platform.

The Policy Team shall solely be responsible for management activity of certain operating platform functions (“System Parameters”), outlined above, and cannot exercise activity beyond this scope in fundamentally changing any aspect of the platform in form nor substance.

If this proposal passes, the DAO tasks the Policy Team to determine Hubble’s exchange parameters in the best interest of the protocol’s health and the DAO.

## Copyright

Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.

• For

• Against

• Neither

0 voters

23 Likes

Can we get a one-liner on each of the initial members?

3 Likes

That’s good news, Good luck to Hubble DAO Policy Team :white_heart: :black_heart:

3 Likes

I think the chosen team is clearly capable, Saurabh is a research analyst at The Block and Atvanguard is a core contributor of Hubble protocol.

This proposal imho is very much needed for assuring speed and flexibility when it comes to listings and other variables that should be optimized relatively often, also helps with safety by creating a capable time with power to react to sudden or unexpected changes in the market.

5 Likes

I hope we will achieve good results and see the growth and strength of this project.

2 Likes

I hope this will produce good results for the project. I’m sure the new team will come and I want to welcome you in advance :partying_face:

2 Likes

how could we know initial members more and better?

2 Likes

vote done,good work team :+1:

1 Like

I hope this will produce good results for the project. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They are good, active and hopeful people! we need those! I vote for! I completely trust them!

1 Like

There is no doubt in the need of such team, just would be nice if there is a mechanism or a Discord event (weekly or bi-weekly) through which the team should share their decisions (and the reasons behind those decisions) with the community… as the transparency and communications are the most import for a DAO.

3 Likes

Best project ever, I am very happy to be participating in this project.

1 Like

love to be included in your decision making and d I agree with this Proposal
discod id: Hessamsh#9153

1 Like

Good for Hubble DAO Policy Team Proposal

1 Like

I wish the team good luck in advance. I’m sure they will do their best. Do you plan to designate an alternate member?

1 Like

very good :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

As an early member of the Hubble team, very pleased to be able to participate in this type of governance

2 Likes

Thank you the team members!
FOR

2 Likes

Great project thanks team :heart::muscle:

2 Likes

There you go:

1. Saurabh.Deshpande#2063 - Researcher at The Block Research.
  2. threesigma#7713 - Researcher at ParaFi
  3. atvanguard#1425 - Core Contributor at Hubble
3 Likes