HP012 - Hubble Exchange’s presence at the Avalanche Summit

This proposals seeks to:

• Allocate $70,000 to pay for Hubble Exchange’s presence at the Avalanche Summit in Barcelona, March 2022.
  • Allocate 500 HSC to be distributed at the Summit.

Avalanche Summit is the first of its kind Avalanche event, and the largest one yet, expecting 2400 attendees travelling from all over the world to celebrate Avalanche and its ecosystem. It is pivotal for Hubble Exchange to have a presence at the summit.

Here are 3 reasons:

• Community building: This is a perfect opportunity for the hubblers scattered across the world to meet up, get to know each other and have fun together. Can there be a better place to meet for Hubblers than the Hubble node (booth) at the summit? This event will strengthen our ties.

• Awareness: Hubble hasn’t launched yet and many people in the Avalanche ecosystem haven’t heard about us. This is our chance to show ourselves to the wider community and attract future hubblers. Let’s expand the DAO!

• Networking: Connections are fundamental for building strong ecosystem partnerships and integrations.

A breakdown of the expenses.

• $30,000 for merchandise, booth expenses and miscellaneous.
  • $25,000k for the Tapies Package, includes a booth (node) at the Summit.
  • $10,000 for travel expenses.
  • $5,000 to co-host an after-party with Trader Joe and other key ecosystem projects.

HSC will be distributed using:

• A lottery/raffle.
  • A treasure hunt, planned with other ecosystem projects.
  • Other giveaways, promotions and activities as ideas are formulated and opportunities arise.
  • For
  • Against
  • Neither

0 voters

Authors: kepler and dorlanz

22 Likes

I want see a collaboration between HSC and Joe :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hi Hubble guild. Can we get a more detailed breakdown of all the expenses and will there be reciepts at the end of this as well?
For eg. How much is the avalanche team charging for booth space? What type of merchandise are we talking about and what quantities? Are we hiring a contractor to set up the booth (or is avalanche summit providing a vendor) Will there be multiple vendors considered for the booth if avalanche is not providing vendors. What is included in the Tapies package? Can we get a break down of travel expenses and who’s tickets we will be sponsoring, does this include hotels if yes which hotel and how many rooms? Any more details would be helpful, think projected expense report of a company. These numbers are too broad and I would like a complete breakdown of all funds used for this endeavour not just allocated funds. Any help would be appreciated! thanks

7 Likes

Strongly go ahead and to the moon…

2 Likes

This looks like a good opportunity, I hope you can make the most of it and move forward with the process transparently. :+1:

4 Likes

I also want to attend this celebration

1 Like

Wish I could come but we will meet at the other event I believe! Good luck with this event, also there will be speakers for panels I guess, will Hubble be a speaker in any of those?

2 Likes

vote done.tnx team :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Hey Art3mis I think these estimates are accurate enough but let me shed some more clarity.

The Tapies package is the cheapest of the summit sponsorship options giving access to a node ( how booths are called). It basically includes the booth, a few tickets and presence in some of the official summit communications. There was no cheaper option to get a node/booth. We will be attending the node ourselves.

The merch will include shirts, hoodies, stickers and other stuff in quantities calculated for the expected attendance (it is expected circa 2500 people will attend).

For the travel costs, bear in mid accomodation in Barcelona is not particularly cheap and people are coming literally from other continents. I do think it’s a pretty good price

4 Likes

Great proposal to show our presence! Go Hubble

1 Like

Hi
Just allocate the worthless $ not the lovely HSCs.

1 Like

Hi Dorlanz. That maybe the case, but I would encourage the main team to release a full breakdown of potential costs. So for eg 30k overall on merch booth expenses and misc could be broken down further into exact line items. If these are the only line items for this I understand but an excel sheet with each individual item that makes up the total sum would be great. All of this is in the name of transparency and standard practice in most current organizations and would love to see that transparency here as well so that all stakeholders can understand where the funds are being spent. I will re-iterate my question earlier regarding receipts at the end of this trip to check the tally and expenses as well. I would love to get some guidance on how we can stick to this budget and make sure funds were not spent on anything else or in excess to what is laid out here. A post event audit per see. As in case of merchandise and booths, there would be bills from the vendors and the Avalance summit as well and it would be great to be able to have eyes on all of that post event to see if everything tallies up

4 Likes

I hope HUBBLE to become a leading project in the avalanche community. This kind of opportunity is important.

2 Likes

I believe this is a faithful project.The projector has a lot of attractions so hopefully the project will be better in the future and will be the best.

2 Likes

i feel really excited about this project’s future!

So am I. I Totally stand by the project. I want to work with all Hubblers to make this DAO a roaring success. I’m sorry if my comments came across the wrong way. Hubble is legitimate and I love the protocol. I want to work with everyone to create an open and transparent DAO that could be a model to other DAOs and push the boundaries of what a DAO means.

keep fighting ,I agree HP012.